Wednesday, January 30, 2008

space in a receipt for a tip

i went into baja fresh today to get lunch with some co workers, i bought my food with a credit card and prepare to sign the credit card slip. to my dismay, there is a space to write in a tip. baja fresh wants me to tip this lady for entering my order in a computer from the front register. keep in mind baja fresh is not a sit down restaurant, like mcdonalds, you go to a register, order your food, take it, sit down and eat it. why do i have to feel guilt about writing a zero in the tip field. i've seen this many times where restaurants leave spaces for tip when there is no serving involved. tips should be given to waiters not people who type in your order and say it into the microphone. so i hence forth am not a big fan of spaces for a tip when there shouldn't be.

1 comment:

Andrew said...

Retarded thing this "tip space" idea. Did the genius who thought of this really think the general public is that giving? Working in the service industry for several years, I don't get surprised when I get stiffed by motherfuckers who drive Beemers and Bentleys. And I am providing a service where tipping is supposed to be an unspoken agreement. Trying to incorporate tipping onto receipts at fast food places is stupid and just makes your experience awkward.